ALPHA LIPOIC IS AN ANTIOXIDANT GAME CHANGER FOR SKIN
The benefits of alpha lipoic in skin care are so abundant and impressive, you don't want to miss out discovering all that it can do for your appearance.
Alpha lipoic acid is an antioxidant found in every cell in the body as well as in some foods.
Also known as ALA, it can be found naturally in spinach, broccoli, peas, tomato, Brussel sprouts, egg yolks and beef. It’s soluble in both water and oil — meaning it can enter all parts of the cell, which is part of what makes it so powerful. This makes it an excellent choice for topical use, as it has the ability to penetrate the skin's surface and the skin cell membrane.
When you apply alpha lipoic acid topically, you can deliver therapeutic amounts to help increase energy for proper cellular metabolism, which is necessary for cellular repair.
IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT ALPHA LIPOIC ACID
- ALA is 400 times stronger of an antioxidant than Vitamin C or Vitamin E. That is an amazing statistic! One that we all can benefit from when it comes to our skin care routine - and also when it comes to our internal health.
- When you incorporate foods with alpha lipoic acid into your diet, the antioxidant power will help you with so many things: inflammation, anti aging, and giving our organs the ability to renew themselves more productively.
- Alpha lipoic acid is safe for sensitive skin.
- If you’re using a strong percentage of alpha lipoic acid, your skin might go through a “purging” period, ridding itself of excess sebum, bacteria, and dirt.
- Your body naturally makes alpha lipoic acid, so it is no stranger to it.
- Medical studies show that including alpha lipoic acid in your skin care can have a cumulative, positive effect, reversing skin damage significantly, as shown in this study with people who had skin damage from smoking.
- When consumed in food and supplements, alpha lipoic acid has many other health benefits and wide ranging (just like with skin care). It has been proved to help with cancer, cardiovascular disease, migraines, multiple sclerosis, and weight loss.
HOW ALPHA LIPOIC WORKS
When you apply alpha lipoic acid topically, it can deliver amounts of it's nutrients to help increase energy for proper cellular metabolism, which is desperately needed by cells for their cellular repair.
Alpha lipoic acid can also decrease under eye circles, swelling, inflammation, and puffiness. Its anti-inflammatory effects will also reduce redness and blotchiness, resulting in a more even skin tone - a great bit of news for those with rosacea or other skin issues that create redness and inflammation.
As it those benefits were not enough, ALA can also help shrink pore size and improve skin tone and create a more radiant look. It regulates production of nitric oxide, which controls blood flow to the skin, allowing the skin to receive more oxygen and thus transforming the complexion from dull, pasty and pale to vibrant and brightened.
Alpha lipoic acid is sometimes referred to as the “universal antioxidant" because it has the power to protect both cell membranes and the inside of cells against oxidative damage. Vitamin E is only effective at protecting cell membranes and other lipid-soluble structures from oxidative damage, and vitamin C only works well in a non-lipid environment. Alpha lipoic acid works well in both of these areas.
BACKED BY MEDICAL STUDIES
The most recent medical studies that have been conducted do show that alpha lipoic acid has many benefits for the skin: Reducing dark circles, puffiness, swelling, wrinkles (as it is an anti-inflammatory), blotchiness, minimizes pore size, regulates the production of oil from oil glands, and promote a more even skin tone by gradually fading sun damage.
The National Center for Biotechnology Information has conducted clinical studies proving that it this powerful antioxidant can eliminate the skins imperfections. The study also indicated that with continued use of alpha lipoic acid, the overall quality of the skin was greatly improved.
6 BEAUTY BENEFITS OF ALPHA LIPOIC ACID
1: It will soothe skin and calm down inflammation, which is great new for everyone and makes it a perfect choice for sensitive skin. Sometimes other ingredients can take some getting used to - like Retinol or Glycolic Acid - but not ALA. It is a great fit for everyone!
2: It will slow the progression of wrinkles and can reverse existing lines. This is great news for everyone who is looking to improve the appearance of their skin naturally.
3: It will help reduce pore size. Smaller pores will mean more radiant, smoother looking skin.
4: It will reduce scars and erase pink and brown marks after acne. This is great news for those of us who show the residual affects of previous breakouts and scarring discoloration.
5: It will improve skin texture and make skin softer. Alpha Lipoic Acid has some extraordinary exfoliating benefits that will smooth skin and greatly improve the texture.
6: It will treat under eye circles and reduce them significantly. It will help brighten skin and repair discoloration.
With its significant antioxidant properties, it’s not surprisingly at all that alpha lipoic acid has been the focus of it’s long list of health benefits and research.
While alpha lipoic acid has impressive skin care benefits, studies have looked at its ability to ward off certain diseases and slow down the aging process. Used as a supplement, research suggests it is beneficial for preventing or treating diabetic nerve damage, glaucoma, heart disease, stroke and some types of degenerative brain diseases.
Our Lost Baggage Eye Serum has all the goodness of alpha lipoic acid within, along with so many other valuable topical ingredients you need for the reduction of dark circles under your eyes and puffiness. Look more awake and well rested with all natural good for you ingredients.
Formulator / Owner & Herbal Expert @ Claribelskincare.com