Vegan Skin Care & Its Promising Benefits
Perhaps the biggest benefit to come out of the vegan beauty movement is that it’s pushing consumers to assess ingredients. There was a time that we accepted that long list of ingredients we couldn't pronounce, let alone be familiar with, but now things have changed.
The vegan community is growing rapidly, and for good reason:
1. Going vegan naturally reduces your chances of heart disease, diabetes, or cancer.
2. It can actually be more affordable. It's cheaper to purchase a basket full of vegetables than it is to purchase roast, tenderloin, chops, etc. We can save a substantial amount every week by giving up meat and meat products.
3. It's not only kinder to animals, it allows you to be kinder to yourself. It's easier on your digestive system, most vegans weigh less than their meat eating counterparts, and eating vegan promotes healthier skin, hair and bodily functions.
HERE ARE 9 SOLID REASONS TO MAKE THE CHANGE TO VEGAN SKIN CARE AND BEAUTY:
1. Vegan beauty products are produced without harm to animals (i.e. cruelty-free) and they also don’t contain any animal ingredients. As Mr. Rogers said, “I couldn’t eat something that has a mother”, and we can also avoid using products that are harmful to animals.
2. Vegan products are just better for your skin. The truth is, without animal ingredients, vegan products are actually better for your skin, especially if you’re someone with sensitive or condition-prone skin. Animal ingredients can be harsh and clog pores, so vegan products are a soothing alternative.
3. Vegan products will most likely contain more nutrients. Plant-derived ingredients in many vegan formulas contain more vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to repair and hydrate the skin. You feel far healthier if you eat foods in their natural state – and the same logic applies to skincare. Your skin will thrive off being fed natural, vegan ingredients.
4. Benefit All Skin Types. Because they do not use animal testing, vegan and cruelty-free skin care products contain natural and organic ingredients. These are much more gentle on the skin, rather than harsh artificial chemical ingredients that are usually found in commercial skin care products. Also, because vegan skincare tends to be much gentler on the skin, these products can be excellent choices for people with chronic skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
5. Additionally, when products are absorbed by the skin, they go straight into the blood stream. (When you ingest something, it goes through the kidneys and liver before the blood stream – a natural filtration and detoxification process). Over time, the absorption of non-vegan ingredients can potentially cause negative side effects, and not just to your skin.
6. Vegan products are better for anti-aging. Natural vegan skin care ingredients can provide the best anti-aging skin care results. A wide range of our products are super beneficial for anyone seeking some anti aging skin care help.
7. Vegan skin care is not expensive. In fact, you can find a fabulous, ethical, small batch company that has good prices and the ingredients you’d prefer, versus the mass-produced companies that have to sell at a higher rate to compensate for their expensive, mass production. A great place to start is on Etsy or within our own product range.
8. Better for nature. Animal cruelty is a huge concern when using an animal-based product, but there are more ways these products can cause harm. These industries can also have negative effects on the environment, such as pollution and deforestation. By switching to vegan skin care products that do not contain animal by-products, you can have radiant skin and make a difference!
9. Minimal side effects. Vegan skincare is made of plant-based ingredients that can help to nourish, hydrate, and protect your skin without any harsh chemicals. Using vegan products reduce the chance of any adverse side effects, that you might experience with products that contain animal derived ingredients.